Have you been putting off your eye test for what seems like far too long?
Looking after your vision and eye health is one of the most important steps you can take, and it’s never too late to take steps towards protecting your eyesight. Most people don’t realise that there is far more to vision than simply seeing 20/20.
At The Eye Collective by Russo Optometry, you’ll find an extensive selection of services available, which can help detect and treat vision problems that go beyond the need for eyeglasses. With our highly trained optometrists, you’ll find a team that is not just passionate about eye care, but passionate about delivering empathetic and comprehensive care for the whole family, just a short drive from Berwick.
We’re passionate about eyeglasses and vision care – for all ages
Poor vision can affect people of all ages, and that’s why we offer a range of services for Berwick residents of all ages. Our services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Behavioural Optometrist services: some need more help in diagnosing their vision problems, that occasionally go beyond simply needing glasses. Behavioural Optometry diagnoses how the eyes and brain work together from a young age when doing simple everyday tasks such as looking at computer screens and learning to read and write in school.
- Orthokeratology: also known as Ortho-K, is the fitting of special contact lenses that very gently reshape the cornea while you sleep. This helps you to see clearly the next day, without needing contact lenses or eyeglasses.
- Comprehensive eye test: we use the latest innovative technology to conduct our eye test and examinations. Sight generally declines with age, so it’s important to keep on top of your eye tests at any age – and with our welcoming service, you’ll feel comfortable at each stage of your eye exam.
- A full range of eyeglasses: If you end up needing eyeglasses or contact lenses, we’ll help you find the perfect option to suit your unique style. We carry over 1,000 styles of frames from some of the world’s leading brands. Also, our independence means that we can update our range, ensuring you’ll find the glasses to suit your lifestyle and your wardrobe.
Booking an appointment with our Optometrists
Whether you believe you’re in need of eyeglasses, contact lenses or a simple eye test, our team of optometrists will take the time to address your needs, concerns and questions. Discover why we’re one of the optometrists of choice for locals in Dandenong, just a short drive from Berwick.
Let’s protect your vision, together.
Areas e Serve
See your world better
Get your eyes tested now
What is Behavioural Optometry?
Have you or your child ever had an eye test that you felt didn’t quite solve the problem?
This may be because some of the key elements required for good vision may have been overlooked.
Behavioural Optometry looks deeper at the visual system, assessing how easily your eyes and brain work together at distance and near when doing everyday tasks like driving, reading and using your phone. How well they are able to maintain focus and alignment, and how you process the information that you see.
Head over to our behavioural optometry page for info on all the different types of eye conditions that can benefit from a behavioural optometric eye assessment.
Myopia Control Clinic
Myopia Control Clinic
At our Myopia Control Clinic we use the latest research and technology to help reduce the progression of Myopia/Short Sightedness.
This can slow the change in your prescription and allow you to take back control of your vision.
Did you know that you can do Eye exercises to improve how your eyes work?
At The Eye Collective, we offer Vision Training for several eye conditions which can make a big difference to your everyday day life.
The really exciting thing is that we can even do it using VR technology!
Vivid vision VR technology is a great way to enhance your visual skills
Conditions Vision Therapy Can help include:
- Convergence and eye focussing problems - A common cause of tired eyes and headaches
- Visual Processing skills, such as, reading, remembering sight words, spelling and handwriting
- Turned and Lazy eyes (Strabismus and Amblyopia) - Helping you see in 3D!
- Otheroptions include, Brain Injury. Motion Sickness and Sport Vision Training
Enhanced Eye Assessment
We know that your eyes and vision are essential to your daily living. However, YOUR vision needs are different to that of your kids, parents or friends.
That is why we have designed the Enhanced Eye Assessment, to ensure you get the vision care that is required to suit your lifestyle. This includes the use of the newest technology, to allow us to check on the current status of your vision and eye health.
However, this technology also enables us to accurately monitor for any changes in the future. This allows us to minimise, detect, and treat any health conditions which may occur, before they cause you problems.
Kid's Vision Clinic
At The Eye Collective, almost 50% of our patients are children. Meaning we are very comfortable with eye tests on kids of any age.
And with over 70 years combined experience, and extra training in Behavioural Optometry, our optometrists have lots of tricks to help engage your child during their eye exam. Most of the time your child doesn’t even realise the eye test has actually started, as our team know exactly how to make the testing age appropriate and fun! This helps to ensure that we can help your child get the best out of their vision.
Visit The Eye Collective Kids.
CASA Aviation Eye Exams
Since 2019, The Eye Collective has been pleased to be able to offer CASA aviation Eye Examinations.
Both Sashini and Adrian have undertaken the credentialed optometrist training so that they are able to provide aviation eye exams to all classes of pilots.
Due to the specialty nature of this service, please phone our clinic or email us, so we can arrange an appointment time for you.
Dry Eye Clinic
Are burning, gritty, stingy and watery eyes impacting your day?
These are classic signs of dry eyes, and affect large portions of the population. The sad thing is that most people simply put up with the problem, as it continues to get worse with time.
However it doesn’t have to be this way, as we now have several excellent treatments options which can treat the underlying causes of Dry Eye.
Contact Lens Clinic
Want to enjoy the freedom to enjoy life without glasses?
The Contact Lens Clinic at the Eye Collective may have the solution for you. We offer contact lenses for all eye conditions, including Myopia (short sighted) and Hyperopia (longsightedness), Astigmatism and even Multifocal contact lenses to help you read!
Our optometrists are also able to provide contact lenses for Keratoconus, including, RGP Lenses, Hybrid Lenses and Miniscleral Lenses.
We are also able to provide OrthoK Lenses, to allow you to improve your vision while you sleep. This means you don’t even require contact lenses throughout the day to see clearly. For more info visit our OrthoK Clinic page.
These lenses also have the amazing ability to slow the progression of myopia/shortsightedness. Find more info visit our Myopia Control Clinic page.
OrthoK is a specialised contact lenses, you can wear while sleeping!
This means you can enjoy clear vision all day, then simply pop the lenses in, right before you go to sleep. In the morning, simply remove them, and enjoy your day glasses and contact lens free!
And if that wasn’t impressive enough, they actually slow the progression of Shortsightedness/Myopia too!